Hydrating the product
The product must first be rehydrated as follows:
- Pour the Plancton Marino Veta la Palma® into a recipient and add water slowly. Stir vigorously until it has a texture similar to honey. This may take a couple of minutes. If there are any small lumps it has not been stirred sufficiently.
- The standard water/powder ratio is 25 ml of water for 10 grams of powder but we recommend that you change the amount of water to get the consistency of the paste that your recipe calls for. Add salt as needed. Let the dough rest for 1-2 minutes if it’s going to be used inmetidately after.
- Once rehydrated, it can be kept in the refrigerator covered with film.
- Do not incorporate into sauces, gazpachos, fumets, etc. in powder form. It must always be hydrated as indicated above and used as a paste, never a powder.
- The hydrated paste can be used raw (without cooking) and can be incorporated directly with the rest of the ingredients used in the dish.
- If you are going to cook it, incorporate the paste after removing the dish from the heat and never boil it. It loses its organoleptic properties when it is cooked for more than two minutes.
- We recommend that you only prepare the quantity that you need; the hydrated product may only be kept in the refrigerator for 24 hours.