Beans with clams and plancton
A dish to share.
Preparation time: 1h.
- ½ kg Granja’s Beans
- ½ kg Clams
- 4 c.c. Plancton Cream (c.c.: cuchara de café)
- 2 litros fish soup
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 cc sweet paprika
- 1 cc flour
- A few saffron threads
- 1 Laurel leaf
- Olive Oil extra virgin
Step by step preparation
- The previous night we put the beans to soak for 12 hours in warm water with a little bit of olive oil.
- In a pot we boil the beans, we will use a good broth of fish or seafood (a good fumet of monk is doing very well). The fish broth should only cover them and we will add more broth, as needed.
- Add 1 bay leaf, a few strands of saffron, 1 onion cut in half, 2 cloves garlic in small pieces and a little salt.
- Let us deflate and let simmer for 2 or 3 hours, depending on the beans, we will add the fish stock that we have reserved little by little.
- Wash the clams well and soak them with salt for an hour. In a frying pan we put some of the fish stock and when they start to boil we add the clams that we will have drained of the water with salt. When they begin to open, we remove them from the fire and reserve them.
- In a frying pan we poached an onion and a clove of garlic. When poached add the teaspoon of flour and paprika, move about 30 seconds and add the white wine. Let reduce 2 minutes and then add the broth with which we have opened the clams. We add everything to the pot with the beans.
- We let it cook everything together for 15 minutes and rectified salt. Remove from the heat and add the 4 teaspoons of Plankton cream, move carefully so that the beans do not break. Add the clams to the pot and serve decorating with a little parsley.